Hello everyone, I am so excited to announce that I have been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award! These type of articles have circulated through the blogs I follow, and let me say I think they are so cool. Once I got nominated I had a bit of that little kid excitement run through me.
Thank you so much sweet Bri for the nomination. Check out her super cute page at A Small Slice of Bri.
Here are the rules for the award!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Shout out to the amazing creator of this award. This is her quote about the award!
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
3 THINGS ABOUT ME
1. I love to sing! You can ask any member of my family, my roommates, or my boyfriend. I sing all the time. Currently, I am involved in choir on campus and love it so much. Singing has brought me so much joy throughout my life. Best places to sing are either full blast in the car or the shower!
2. When I graduate college I want to move to Chicago, IL. I love the city and I would be close to my family. Ideally I would live in a beautiful brownstone house right near Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba.
3. Before I die I want to try a comedic bit at an open mic night. Do I think I will do well? Most likely no, but I consider myself a decently funny person so it’s worth a shot.
What is your favorite childhood memory?
When my family owned our cottage on Wilke Lake we hung a tiny swing on a tree next to the water. My sister and I would swing and just laugh because we would make games or fall off. It was so much fun flying over the water with the slight fear that you were going to hit the tree.
What is the best book you’ve ever read? OR share what you’re reading right now and whether or not you’d recommend it to your readers.
The best book I have ever read? That is a hard one! I am going to go with one I have read within the last year or so. The series White Hot Kiss had me totally hooked. It is a total romance novel with lots of twists and turns with demons and angels. After reading the first book (which I finished in 2.5 days), I immediately went to buy the second. I highly recommend this book if you like romance and suspense.
If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?
Listen to your Mom! I have to say there are quite a few things that I disagreed with my Mom on and she was always right. She knew I would want to go to my all girls high school and she knew I would want to go to the University of St Thomas. Mother’s have a sixth sense. That sixth sense allows them to know whats best for you, know when you are lying, and know when you are sad or hurt. Despite my efforts to hide these emotions my Mom always saw past it. To my younger self, listen to your Mom she has more wisdom than you know!
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
I want to go to Greece! My best friend, who lives across the street from me, brought over the movie Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 where they go to Greece and have this amazing beautiful time. Ever since that night, I have wanted to go to Greece. Obviously I know my experience will not be the same as the movie, but I want to go and see the beautiful houses and beaches that I have seen in pictures after much research.
What is your Starbucks order?
I am one of the few college students who does not drink coffee. For some reason I have never liked coffee. I will drink those silly frapachino drinks that have 6000 grams of sugar and about zero coffee, but other than that I do not. SO… when I go to Starbucks I get a vanilla steamer. It is so warm and comforting, but it is basically warm milk!
These bloggers are definitely deserving of this award. When I heard that I received this award I was so excited, which is why I am so thrilled to give it to these bloggers who are up and coming like me. Give their pages a look, because if they are like me they spent a lot of time putting work into them.
- Poshly Paige ( This is my best friend and she is a fashion goddess. You need to check out her page)
- Bold and Becoming (Another good friend of mine who talks about faith and fashion)
- Ella May Garrett
- Classy and Curly
- Karissa Laramie
- The Southern Palette
- Penny Pincher Fashion
- Tales From The Thrift Shop (She has more followers than most of the others, but I love her content)
FOR MY NOMINEES
1.How did you come up with your blog name?
2. What is the most recent thing that has inspired you?
3.What song makes you jump out of your chair and dance?
4. Where is your favorite place to blog and why?
5. If you could be the star of one movie which would it be?
MY BEST POSTS
- Styling a Queer Couple
- Rooftop Photoshoot
- Peplum Tie Top
- Smoke Bomb Photography Fun
- First Day of School Outfit Ideas
Thank you so much to everyone for reading this! I hope you enjoyed this post, I know I had so much writing it.